This week I spoke with a client that has held a job throughout the Pandemic. The client reorganized her department to control her company’s largest costs, and make sure they… Read More
Several weeks ago, when I reported on growth occupations for the 2020s, I thought about the potential for new occupations to emerge. Some of us will remember there were no… Read More
Among other things, we recommend that you:
1. Prepare for what’s next, whether it’s promotion opportunities or layoffs,
2. Analyze your transferable skills,
3. Remember that some aspects of the job search remain the same,
4. Keep in contact with your network,
5. Adjust your mindset, and
6. Consider a “day job” while searching for that “dream job”.
Last week, while I was writing my weekly post, a job seeker posed an interesting problem. He has an accounting degree, and worked in accounting for years. Then he started an event promotion business shortly before the Pandemic. His business dropped 95%, so now he is considering a return to an accounting career. Should he build a functional resume?
3 Reasons to Set Your Holiday Season Job Search Strategy Now!
The upcoming holiday season is going to offer unique career development challenges and opportunities. This is the time to start planning.
There are at least 3 reasons to strategize now for holiday job search and networking:
1. Holiday hiring trends will be unusual this year,
2. Different kinds of companies will be hiring, and
3. Your networking strategy will have to change, too.