A few days ago, a prospective client asked me “does my resume have to fit on one page?” The question briefly surprised me because I had not heard it in… Read More
Last week, I called a friend that was downsized during the Pandemic to find out how he was doing. While we chatted, I opened his LinkedIn profile and noticed it… Read More
The takeaways from this post will be that LinkedIn is:
1. The most important online place for making business and job search connections,
2. A job search site,
3. One alternative to local business lunch networking, and
4. The profile is more powerful than a resume.
I saw an email from another resume writer and coach a few days ago that mentioned 3 elements many coaches consider essential for a successful job search. They are
1. Have a positive mindset,
2. Tell the best story, and
3. Establish and continue great job search and work habits.
So, why aren’t those retail jobs being filled with job seekers while they plan their return to their regular occupations? Here are some thoughts:
1. The jobs pay too little,
2. Prospective workers feel at risk due to the ongoing Pandemic,
3. Job seekers expect little benefit from jobs off their career track, and
4. There is some skills mismatch in the economy.